Posted on | November 26, 2008 | No Comments
Accreditation 101, produced by Agron & Associates, Inc., is information about how to develop a school. Since 1999, Agron & Associates has specialized in helping Christian colleges achieve accreditation with legitimate accrediting agencies (i.e., agencies approved by the Department of Education and / or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation). Find us at www.accreditation.com. Typical topics of discussion are:
- Writing a self study (i.e., compliance document, institutional research plan, strategic plan)
- College Fund-raising
- Student Recruiting
- Distance Education Programs
- Orienting and Training Board Members (including their responsibility to support the school)
- Choosing an accrediting agency
- Preparing for a team visit (and other visits from your accrediting agency staff).
Don’t subscribe to this podcast. Instead, have your entire team subscribe. College administrators will find this podcast to be excellent professional development. If you are writing a self study for reaffirmation or for initial accreditation, this podcast is ideal for training your team. If you are considering accreditation, this podcast will be quite helpful to your board as well as your faculty and staff.
If your school happens to be a Christian college, you may also benefit from encouraging your faculty, potential students and potential donors to listen to our other podcast: A Re-education Camp Survival Kit — Everything You Need to Survive Four Years of Indoctrination. This will help make the case for why someone should attend or donate to Christian colleges.